quinta-feira, 16 de novembro de 2006

Green Carnation - Alone

From childhood's hour I have not been As others were--I have not seen As others saw--I could not bring My passions from a common spring.
From the same source I have not taken My sorrow; I could not awaken My heart to joy at the same tone; And all I lov'd, I loved alone.
Then--in my childhood--in the dawn Of a most stormy life--was drawn From ev'ry depth of good and ill The mystery which binds me still:
From the torrent, or the fountain, From the red cliff of the mountain, From the sun that 'round me roll'd In its autumn tint of gold-- From the lightning in the sky
As it pass'd me flying by-- From the thunder and the storm, And the cloud that took the form (When the rest of Heaven was blue) Of a demon in my view.

Sem comentários: